Friday, October 08, 2004

medulla

i'd like to write a bit about bjorks new album. when i heard she was doing an a cappella thing i didnt know excactly what to expect. (then she called me and asked me to come for a test for her new video. i didn't make it to the video, but egill s went on my behalf.) so i have been listening to it and it's actually pretty amazing. this is easily the rawest bjork album since post. the thing is that lately her albums have been getting more electronic and introverted, which is fine. but when i went to her concert in berlin last summer i noticed that the music was much more aggressive in concert. and that was mainly music from the vespertine album. then she said she was going back to a punkier sound for the next album. the thing is also with these songs, and the other versions i've heard of them, that with todays technology and all that, it doesnt really matter if there are voices underneath or only voices.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know a lot of Bjork's work, but one of my favorite songs is by her: Hyperballad, which I used to listen to over and over again!

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home