Wednesday, August 24, 2005

thoughts


somedays i feel i would need an imaginary friend, who would back me up when i'm not sure about anything. of course other people always misunderstand their role in my life.. or what?!? I've been listening to Elliott Smith recendtly. He is quite an amazing musician. He writes pretty music, and has a frail, soft voice, which is often double tracked. Elliott wasnt a part of the thing with nineties music to write supesimple songs. Instead he weaves together very sophisticated chord structures and arrangements. The lyrics are often pessimistic, and you can sense a sort of almost self-hatred. But he uses them also to give old girlfriends a harsh final goodbye. His death is mystical in that sense, that the police left the question open to whether it was a suicide or not. Undoubtly one of the finest and most underrated musicians of our times.
i've been sick lately, somedays i just wake up, like today, and don't feel the energy to do anything. I've had a cold since april, and it's getting worse. I was stupid enough not to take a break right away, but do a concert. Now it will just take even longer to heal. But there is always hope. My voice is kind of fucked up at the moment. Anyway, I've got a new job. I'm going to teach kids guitar at Gítarskóli Íslands this winter. And finsh the school at the same time. I'm going to have a salary for the first time in ages. I'm going to be very tired this winter. But I feel it's the only thing to do, in this position, as I don't feel any special ambition to do anything in this city anymore. That means it's time for leaving, and thats exactly what I have on my mind, every moment of every day. I've been checking out schools, in NY, Finland, Sweden and China. That is not a final list, i'm just getting started.

1 Comments:

Blogger holyhills said...

jAEJA THA er eg maettur aftur i netheimana eftir fucked up sumar..
madur a eftir ad vera illa treyttur i vetur en tu ert haefileikabunt og att eftir ad demba ter i gegnum kennsluna og namid.. bara spurning um ad nyta kannski ca. 5% af haefileikunum!! gefa letinni restina...

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home