Wednesday, May 11, 2005

In Case You Don't Know What You Fucking Are


The new Nine Inch Nails Cd is here to tell you. Michael Trent Reznor was born in 1965. He played piano from an early age, and dreamt up ways to leave his small shitty home town. Eventually he relocated in Cleveland, where he formed Nine Inch Nails, playing all the instruments himself, in a Prince like fashion. To this day, trent has kept this concept of a one man machine, with Nine Inch Nails. Thats his way to let the vision come through. He became commercially huge with the downward spiral. In the nineties, i was listening to NIN instead of grunge, and getting into industrial music. I never got into Nirvana, until much later. Back then, that stuff was too popular, and i was going through my ultra snobbed period. It was very hard and boring, listening to all that jazz. I finished six degrees of jazz guitar, which accounts for like 7 years of study. That means two to four hours a day of practicing. Anyway, it was very boring. Why did i do it then? Well... I knew I wanted to pursue a career in music, and I thought knowledge was the way, and I thought I wasnt a classical musician. But i mean at that age, its gotta be hardcore or nothing. Nirvana wasnt hardcore anymore when it became popular. Now you look back at that phase, and it seems like a phase of great music. Great pop music. And that is what NIN has always stood for, which is good, energetic, dark pop music. Which is just as much the case on With Teeth, as his other records. However, you will notice, that this is the most accesible NIN record since Pretty Hate Machine. But thats alright. Trent Reznor is back, with a vengeance, and vengeance is sweet.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, that is a ton of practice. I have been learning piano a bit, and trying to convince myself to spend every saturday doing nothing but practice.

I guess I have the time; I just gotta use it wisely. After I sorta know music in general (including reading theory and stuff) I guess i will move on to guitar, too.

Right now jingle bells is more my speed.

7:45 AM  
Blogger hallvardur said...

yeah, much more than necessery. the basics, are all you need

7:09 PM  
Blogger diadima said...

props for posting about trent

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home