Saturday, January 22, 2005

joanna newson

I was watching a film about Nirvana, this documentary. And Kurt mentioned, that in descriptions of their music, what often came up, was some sort of freedom. Anyway, i just heard this music by this young woman, who plays harp and sings in an untrained, unrestrained voice. I encourage you to check it out.
‘never get so attached to a poem, that you forget that truth lacks lyricism
never draw so close to the heat, that you forget to eat’


http://www.dragcity.com/dragcity.html
http://www.thewire.co.uk/web/mp3.php
(JOANNA NEWSOM
En Gallop (stream)
The Book of Right-On (stream)
The Milk-Eyed Mender
Drag City)

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked it a lot. I love her little elfish voice.

2:13 AM  
Blogger hallvardur said...

cool. guess what? i'm travelling to the states in a few weeks. approximately the 20th of february. New York here i come! I'll stay about a week. The NixNoltes (bulgarian folk band) will play two gigs there.

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! have lots of fun in New York! I have always wanted to visit in the winter.

3:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NYC is lots of fun, and tons of hot wimmins. Actually I may be going in a month or two, myself.

Have you been stateside before?

3:00 PM  
Blogger hallvardur said...

well, i was there when i was a child. i think i was in new york last time at the age of 5. if you go, then let me know, it would be great to hang out. the gig we're playing is on the 24th, and i´ll stay over the weekend.

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I'd watch you guys play. It is all sort of confused and vague, though.

2:40 AM  
Blogger hallvardur said...

yeah, confusion always. are you off the work yet? well, you let me know how things develop.

12:08 AM  
Blogger hallvardur said...

spurningamerki.

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a fw more months of work, maybe more. That is all confused to.

I may not make it down to the city when I go...would be fun if I did, though.

8:06 PM  
Blogger hallvardur said...

'hvar hafa dagar lífs míns lit sínum glatað'
-steinn steinarr

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home